Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club — Live. Work. Play More Golf.06 Nov 2014, Posted by Area Golf, Community Functions, Dining & 19th Hole, Events, Feature, Food & Drink, Golf Courses in
Country Club East to See Expanded Facilities in 2015
2015 will bring the opening of a brand new full-size practice facility to the Royal Lakes course located in Country Club East at Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. As Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club continues to grow, a second Clubhouse in Country Club East will begin construction in 2015 for the enjoyment of all Country Club Members.
The Original 18 Holes: Cypress Links
- Wide golf corridors offering a fun experience with over 100 acres of maintained turf for the first 18 holes and a more forgiving experience for the average golfer
- Large lacy-shaped bunkers complimenting expansive undulating fairways in a very traditional course layout
- Twenty lakes within and around the golf course to enhance and beautify the view with less than half in direct play as hazards
The Second 18 Holes: King’s Dunes
The 11th hole is a downhill par 3 that features a 20-foot drop from tee to green over a beautiful wetland. The entire 18 holes feature dramatic elevation changes, rolling fairways, beautiful lakes, rock walls and an overall look that is unlike most Florida courses. The bunkers are a different style than those on Cypress Links. Other differences include:
- The front nine holes are routed in a parcel heavily treed with mature oaks and pines and forested wetlands. Clearing was based on hole design with only target areas being totally void of trees
- The back nine’s topography has some strong elevation changes to create some terrific views and shot potentials
- Overall concept is a challenging golf course that takes the caliber of play up a few notches with the difficulty increasing at each skill level, requiring good club selection and recovery techniques to be played
The Third 18 Holes: Royal Lakes
- Royal Lakes was designed with all skill levels in mind to be forgiving, yet, it is quite challenging for the most skilled players measuring 7,320 yards from the Championship tees
- The course can also be very enjoyable for beginner golfers from the Par 3 tees measuring 1,800 yards. Every hole can be played as a par 3 and it’s a great way to introduce golf to any member of the family, young or old
Athletics: Pool, Tennis & Fitness
With such a wonderful way of life, it only makes sense to want to get the most out of it. To help, the club features an Athletic Center with countless ways to stay fit. The 13,000 square foot fitness center includes the latest machines by Cybex, rooms for aerobics, pilates, yoga and other classes, two heated outdoor pools (one resort and one Jr. Olympic with eight lap lanes), and massage therapy facilities. There are also 18 lighted clay tennis courts.
Courts are designed for minimal sun interference and feature the HydroGrid watering system for optimal playing conditions. There are locker and shower facilities, shaded seating, and a pro shop.
The Athletic Center is open seven days a week with 24 hour access and offers a variety of membership plans. Choose from selected programs such as Tennis or Aquatic and Fitness only. Our staff can help you determine the perfect program to meet your tennis and fitness needs.
Premier Wedding & Event Location
Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club has developed a reputation of being the areas premier wedding and event location. Set in the beautiful community of Lakewood Ranch, The Country Club has been exquisitely designed to accommodate everything from outdoor ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, baby showers, corporate meetings, holiday events, charity golf outings and much, much, more. We are a member of the National Association of Catering Executives (NACE) west coast Florida Chapter.
An exquisitely designed clubhouse set within the Tuscan-inspired private community, The Lake Club is a beautifully appointed venue where luxury is the backdrop no matter the scope of your event. We are happy to accommodate everything from weddings, charity events, holiday events and private parties in an exclusive clubhouse surrounded by decorative bridges and scenic lakes.
Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club (the “Club”) is a private membership club where you and your family can relax, meet new people, enjoy recreational facilities and participate in a variety of programs and activities. The Club is owned and operated by Lakewood Ranch Golf Company, LLC, an entity of Schroeder-Manatee Ranch, Inc. (“SMR”). The goal of the Club is to provide lifestyle amenities for residents of Lakewood Ranch and others. The Club consists of the Private Courses featuring 54 holes of golf; 36 designed by the Palmer Course Design Co.; and 18 holes designed by Rick Robbins; a practice range, practice chipping area and practice putting greens; clubhouse of approximately 44,000 square feet featuring a formal dining room, grille and lounge, banquet facilities, private dining rooms, men’s and ladies’ lounges and card rooms, golf pro shop, locker rooms, cart storage and administrative offices; 18 lighted tennis courts; heated Junior Olympic and resort pools; and fitness and tennis center of approximately 14,000 square feet with fitness equipment, aerobic room, pro shop, and locker rooms. The fitness center offers childcare services.
Take a look at the great Member events and social calendar available at Lakewood Ranch Golf & CC… If you’re interested in learning more about Memberships at Lakewood Ranch Golf & CC, contact Maureen LaTessa at (941) 907-4700, Ext. 1846 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org